Page Defintion Module for OpenCms
The Page Definition Module for OpenCms extends the core functionality of OpenCms by a page definition layer.
This permits to create, edit, delete and position heterogeneous content elements freely from within the page preview.
In contrast to the readily available resource collectors, the page definition of a given page is saved as XML content,
just like the content elements themselves.
This allows the assembly of contents of various resource types and the controlled arrangement in different columns.
Project Homepage: http://ecovations.de/opencms/
Corga - the ultimate conference organizer
Corga is a Java open source web application developed by me to support all phases of a conference organization.
The processes include paper submission, paper review, conference programme generation and publishing, participant registration and badges production.
Compared to other open source web applications, it has a number of innovative features. Feature highlights:
Project Homepage: http://corga.sourceforge.net
- On-the-fly generation of invoices and badges as PDF, using XSL-FO stylesheets for XML.
- Manipulation-resistant URLs for reviewers, instead of yet another password and username
- Customizable review form through database entries only
- Persistence abstraction, according to factory design pattern, allowing the usage of any SQL/JDBC-compliant database
- Model-View-Controller architecture, similar to Jakarta Struts, with easy changing of layout
- Java Web Start GUI for easy generation and publishing of conference programmes
Millionaire Quiz Web Service
The Millionaire Quiz Web Service is a full blown XML Web Service Game designed and implemented by me in C# in "Who wants to be a millionaire"-style
with progessive difficulty level, jokers and so on.
Project Homepage: [not online anymore]
- stateful XML Web Service using sessions
- self-inflating question database through editing capabilities
- consumer registration capability for notification of future changes
- providing meta information about the service
- as the usage tracking prooves: very popular, even Macromedia has made a Flash tutorial on Web Services using this service
- true interop showcase: numerous clients in different languages available
Last Update: September 26th 2014